Times Table Rockstars
When it comes to times tables, speed and accuracy are important – the more facts children remember, the easier it is for them to do harder calculations. Times Table Rockstars is a fun and challenging programme designed to help pupils master the times tables.
To be a Times Table Rockstar the children need to answer any multiplication fact up to 12x12 in less than 3 seconds!
All children in Year 2 and Key Stage 2 will have access to Times Tables Rockstars.
Every week the children will participate in Times Tables Rockstar where they need to answer 60 multiplication questions in 3 minutes. If the children answer all the questions correctly, they will progress onto the next multiplication facts set.
To log into Times Table Rockstars, go to https://ttrockstars.com/ and put in the school name, with your username and password. The app can be downloaded for free.
Teachers in Year 2 and KS2 will ensure that children are familiar with the website and know how to log in and start the activities independently. Children will be given set objectives to ensure that they are relevant to them.
How it works....
- The Garage/Gig and Arena games have times tables set by the teacher. There will be games to complete independently and games against other children in the class.
- The Studio is against the child themselves, on any multiplication or division calculation up to 12x12 and also sets the child' best speed.
School will set different tournaments for the children to compete against others:
- Battle of the Bands between classes will take place each week
- Year group battles – these will take place every two weeks
- Teacher and children battles – these will take place every half term
- Practise on the Garage mode with the aim to get a personal best speed. The children can play against classmates in the Arena mode.
- The quicker the children are at answering questions the better the Rock Star Status they achieve!!